ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The PG and Research Department of English aspires to produce a new breed of English teachers who can rewrite the fortune of multitudes of future generation. It sprawls its arms in the arena of literature and literary research, handling Foundation English Courses, guiding research scholars of M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees, and publishing research articles. The B.A. Degree Course was started in the year 1979 and the Department is now the abode of M.A., M.Phil., and Ph.D. Full-Time and Part Time programmes. The Department is equipped with a Language Laboratory and internet connection. Further, English Literary Association with its associated clubs
- Story Telling Club
- Drama Club
- Fine Arts Club
- Quiz Club
- Research Forum
- Poetry Club
- Cultural Club
- Wednesday Wisdom Web (WWW) and
- Reading Club
brings to limelight the innate and inborn talents and skills of the students and feeds their literary thirst. Since its inception of its research courses, the department has conducted several National and International seminars and conferences, National and International workshops, and one International Webinar.
- To groom the rural youth as Ambassadors of good will, communal harmony, peace, gender equality and culture.
- To hone their inherent goodness through the studies of various literatures.
- To fine tune their ethical sense and spread the values to their immediate society.
- To mold the students as team leaders and team members by imparting team spirit.
- To motivate the learners to update and up skill their knowledge to be relevant to the knowledge era.
- To educate the young learners who will be guided by empathy, equity and innovation.
- To foster integrated learning through action and reflection.
- To inspire and create courageous life changers.